Teaching English in France
English language Assistants in France programme provides a unique opportunity to discover the French language and culture first hand. By living and working in France, English language assistants improve their knowledge of the French language and culture and they share their English language skills by teaching at various positions in schools, colleges or training institutions.
After a year in France, Teaching Assistants pursue global careers in education, international business, public health, international policy and development, arts and culture administration, among other fields.
You have a good command of English and French. You can:
- Teach English in France.
- Attend classes in French universities.
- Discover France
- IELTS (Academic - score 7.5+)
- B1 level of French or a B.A. French
“Assistant d’anglais”, Teaching English in France, is a program offered by the French Ministry of Education. It is managed by France Education International (FEI), at the international level, and in India by the Embassy of France.
Under this programme, more than 150 Indian students are recruited to work as English-language assistant teachers in French public schools. The programme enables these students from Indian universities or Alliances Françaises to become familiar with the French language and civilization, while bringing the authenticity of their language and the richness of their culture to the institutions where they are employed.
The English Language Indian Assistants’ stay in France covers a period of seven months, from 1 October to 30 April of the next year. Appointed to secondary and primary schools, they provide support to English-language teachers.
- 1. Candidate should be an Indian citizen or citizen of the country from which the candidate is applying.
- 2. Should have the student status.
- 3. Should not have benefited from the program of “English-speaking Assistants” in the past
- 4. Should have a degree (or enrolled in the 3rd year of the Bachelor’s degree).
- 5. Should be under 35 years of age at the time of the application.
- 6. Should have obtained the British Council / IDP IELTS Certificate of Proficiency with a grade above 7.5
- 7. Should have a good level of French: French B1 minimum (DFP, DELF, TCF, TEF, etc.) or B.A. French from an Indian university.
- 1. Support English-language teaching in French public schools.
- 2. Linguistic and Cultural Discovery, immersion in a professional situation.
- 3. Getting to the pedagogical practices of the French schools, especially for language teaching; assistants must indeed be integrated in schools and build an educational tender in accordance with instructions given by their English teachers.
- 4. Strengthening ties and mutual understanding between French and Indian cultures.
- 5. Education: Assistants are advised to attend classes, insofar as their professional obligations allow, at a French university.
The deadline to apply for this program is December 02, 2020