Long-stay visa for family members of scientists

This procedure is reserved for scientists with residence card. This procedure enables scientists to enter France along with their family (spouse and minor children only).

The family’s date of entry on French national territory may different from that of the scientist.

Supporting documents to be submitted for “accompanying family” visa:

1. An ordinary passport or other recognized travel document valid for at least three months from the expiry date of the visa applied for. This document must have at least two fresh pages. Copies of the first (bearing the identification photograph) and the last pages must be submitted along with this.

2. A long-stay visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.

3. Two recent photographs of the applicant. Please check photograph specifications here.

4. Proof of the assignment of the scientist spouse/parent: “convention d’accueil”, visa or residence card copy (if the visa application isn’t made at the same time).

5. Original apostilled birth and marriage certificates along with their copies (the originals will be returned to the applicants).

6. If you are a foreigner residing in India: copy of residence permit in India.

Last modified on 20/01/2017

top of the page