Logistician - Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
AFD is looking for an experienced and autonomous Logistician to join a dynamic and growing team, supporting AFD Country Management in implementing a professional, efficient, safe and productive work environment.
- French Development Agency Group (AFD Group)
- AFD Group in India
- Job description
- I - Manage AFD assets to ensure a safe and productive work environment
- II - Manage procurement for the AFD offices
- III - Supervising contracts & contractors for effective service deployment
- IV - Manage all logistical tasks (routine maintenance & stationary)
- V - Implement AFD security, fire safety & health and safety measures
- Working conditions
- Submission of applications
AFD is France’s inclusive public development bank. It commits financing and technical assistance to projects that improve everyday life, both in developing and emerging countries and in the French overseas provinces. In keeping with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, AFD works in many sectors to assist with transitions towards a safer, more equitable, and more sustainable world: a world in common.
Through its network of 85 field offices, AFD Group currently finances, monitors, and assists more than 2,500 development projects in 108 countries. In 2018, AFD Group earmarked EUR 11.4 billion to finance projects in developing countries and for overseas France.
AFD has been operating in India from its New Delhi office since 2008. It focuses on three pillars: sustainable urban development, energy transition, protection of biodiversity and natural resources. AFD Group has committed EUR 2 billion towards these three sectors, mainly through loans to the State, State-owned companies and private companies as well as through technical assistance programmes. The AFD New Delhi office includes the India Country Office, Proparco team and South Asia Regional Direction.
AFD is looking for an experienced and autonomous Logistician to join a dynamic and growing team, supporting AFD Country Management in implementing a professional, efficient, safe and productive work environment. Core responsibilities include:
- (i) managing AFD assets (office building; corporate flats; cars & furniture) and relationships with all our contractors/landlords;
- (ii) managing procurement for the AFD offices (tenders organization or quotation requests, contracts preparation and follow up, supervision & quality control of the works performed and goods procured, invoicing) ;
- (iii) supervising contracts / contractors (follow up of contractual arrangements, contacting contractors once required, renegotiating contractual terms, anticipating renewal…);
- (iv) managing all logistical tasks within all AFD rented premises, including daily maintenance and reparation (directly or with the assistance of contractors);
- (v) implementing AFD security & fire safety policies as well as health & safety measures.
He/she will be reporting to the Head of Admin & HR team. IT system is not included under this job description.
Specific missions include:
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing strong office systems
- In coordination with the Country Management, identify and plan annual remediation and spot-check maintenance works
- Review the assets inventory at least once a year, manage inventory entry/exit documentation and disposal of obsolete furniture and equipment
- Keep AFD Management informed by summarizing information and reporting on a regular basis
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing strong office systems, particularly in procurement
- Source and supervise quality contractors for acquisition of goods, equipment and works
- Source, negotiate, register and monitor corporate flat lease agreements
- Ensure compliance of all supply chain management processes with AFD HQ procedures and AFD Delhi policies, as consolidated in the recueil d’organization
- Design and implement office supply chain management policies as required, in coordination with AFD Country Management
- On a regular basis, plan and implement tenders for major services contract
- Maintain all supply chain files in the perspective of internal/external audit
- Report to AFD Management of procurement activities
- Maintaining the relationship with all our contractors and landlords
- Designing and updating regularly a document with all contracts (date, deadline, conditions of payment, invoices status & payment…)
- Anticipating renewal and/or procurement if contracts shall be renegotiated
- Negotiate and monitor insurance contracts for all assets (in relation with AFD HQ)
- Liaising with the Admin team, ensure all bills are paid on time
- Supervising contracts / contractors (follow up of contractual arrangements, goods & services, validation of goods & services procured)
- Manage a four person housekeeping team, including assigning and monitoring tasks and overtime
- Ensure routine maintenance within AFD premises and equipment
- Receive all internal request of maintenance and monitor their responses
- Follow up the stationary stocks and ensure that all needs are covered on due time
- Follow up of the cars in relation with the drivers
- Pro-actively plan and supervise the AFD security measures with the premises
- In coordination with the Country Management, identify and plan annual safety exercises and organize trainings
- Ensure that all security devices are working perfectly
- Consolidate & disseminate all security and safety documents in relation with the AFD HQ Security Division
- Manage the security guards, including regular trainings, assigning and monitoring tasks and overtime, in relation with the third party provider
Undertake any other task as the Head of Admin and Country Management may assign.
- Location: New Delhi.
- Contract: permanent local contract.
- Working days: 5 days a week.
- Expected starting date: End of November 2019.
- Compensation: negotiable taking into account educational background, references and experiences and skills of the candidate.
The appointee will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar corporate context
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Written and verbal communications in English. French an asset
- Good computer skills
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills with rigour and attention to details
- Proven ability to develop successful professional network and negotiate successfully with contractors
- Team player, willingness to contribute as need to overall AFD Group work
- Ability to work independently, to multitask, and to deliver high quality work on schedule
AFD is an employer committed to non-discrimination and inclusive work environment. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates shall submit their application in English (cover letter and CV) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “AFD Logistician” in the subject before 15th November 2019 (18:00 hours).
Only short-listed candidates will be notified for an appointment.