List of agreements signed in Delhi [fr]
Armament: Intergovernmental agreement on purchase of 36 Rafale aircrafts by India.
New Delhi, 25 January 2016
State: MoU acknowledging agreement
- Signatory for France: M Jean-Yves Le Drian, Minister of Defence
- Signatory for India: Mr Manohar Parrikar, Minister of Defence
- Initials for France: Mr Jean-Christophe Philbe, President of EDF Asia
- Initials for India: Mr Kailash Chandra Purohit, CEO of NPCIL
Objective: Updating of MoU concluded in 2009 between AREVA and NPCIL
- Signatory for France: Mr Jean-Yves Le Gall, President of CNES
- Signatory for India: Mr Aluru Seelin Kiran Kumar, Chairman of ISRO
Objective: This agreement is regarding the launching of a third joint satellite in the field of climate surveillance in the thermal infrared and participates in the implementing of the framework agreement signed in April 2015 between the CNES and the ISRO, on the occasion of the visit of the Prime Minister Modi in France.
- Signatory for France: M. Jean-Yves Le Gall, President of CNES
- Signatory for India : M. Aluru Seelin Kiran Kumar, Chairman of ISRO
Objective: The beacon Argos 4, developed by the CNES, is a system of localization and collection of data by satellite dedicated to the monitoring of the environment. The Argos system allows for the location of beacons, wherever they are on the surface of the earth, with a precision of approximately 150m.
- Signatory for France: M Jean-Yves Le Gall, President, CNES
- Signatory for India: M. Aluru Seelin Kiran Kumar, President, ISRO
Objective: Define the terms and condition of the participation of CNES in the space exploration missions of ISRO. The text also contains dispositions regarding the formation of a joint working group for space exploration, mechanism of exchange of information between the two parties.
- Signatory for France: Alstom
- Signatory for India: Indian Railways
Objective: On 30 September 2015, Alstom has signed a contract with the Indian railways for the production of 800 electric locomotives over a period of 11 years, associated to a contract of maintenance. To complete this project, the French company created a joint-venture with the Indian railways. The construction of the factory should be able to employ 300 people at Madhepura (Bihar). Maintenance depots will be constructed in Nagpur (Maharashtra) and Sharanpur (Uttar Pradesh).
- Signatory for France: Guillaume Pepy, SNCF
- Signatory for India: Indian Railways
Objective: Signature of a roadmap for the launching of a feasibility study of a renovation project for Ludhiana and Ambala railway stations in the framework of the Memorandum of Understanding signed in April 2015.
- Signatory for France: M Gérard Lasfargues, Deputy Director General, French Agency for Food Environmental and Occupational Health Safety (ANSES)
- Signatory for India: Mr Ashish Bahuguna, Chairman, Food Safety and Standard Authority of India (FSSAI)
- Signatory for France: François Richier, Ambassador of France in India
- Signatory for India: M Devendra Chaudhry, Secretary ARPG, Department of Administration Reforms and Public Grievances, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Objective: This agreement aims at reinforcing and favouring bilateral cooperation between the two countries in the field of public administration and administrative reform. The emphasis would be especially on the usage of digital tools in the relationship between the administration and the public.
- Signatory for France: Ms Fleur Pellerin, Minister of Culture and Communication
- Signatory for India: Mr. N.K. Sinha, Secretary of the Ministry of Culture
Objective: The Cultural Exchange Programme (CEP) regulates almost all cultural exchanges organized by the two governments. The last CEP, signed during the visit of the President of the Republic in 2013, expired on December 2015.
- Signatory for France : Mr. François Richier, Ambassador of France to India
- Signatory for lndia : Mr. Lokesh Chandra, President of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
Objective: Declaration of intent for conducting next round of French festival in India Bonjour India and India festival in France Namaste France.
- Signatory for France: M Laurence Fabius, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Signatory for India: M Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences
Objective: This new authority, which will be superimposed on CEFIPRA, will strengthen the bilateral dialogue in the field of science and technology between India and France.
- Signatory for France : M. Patrice CAINE, President, Thalès
- Signatory for France: Pr. Devang Khakhar, Director, IIT Mumbai
- Signatory for France : M. Jean-François PINTON, Président, ENS Lyon
- Signatory for India : Pr. Murzban JAL, Directeur, Indian Institute of Education and Research of Pune
- Signatory for France : M. Patrick Nedellac, Director, CNRS
- Signatory for India : Pr. Devang Khakhar, Director, IIT Mumbai
Objective: Agreement for partial training/education of Indian doctoral candidates in France.