On August 21st, French entrepreneurs have been attending a workshop on GST
It’s been one year since the most important economic reform, the Goods and Services tax (GST) was introduced. The implementation received an overwhelming support from the Industry which took this as an opportunity to redefine supply-chain model, customise IT processes, and minimise tax costs. The industry faced many challenges related to this complex documentation and treatment of several common transactions.
As the GST requires many changes 365 Days after its implementation, it is the right time to assess the risks as we mitigate through this phase of frequent twists and turns in GST laws and processes.
Better preparing us for GST 2.0 which is currently at work, the workshop lead by experts from PwC would cover the following aspects :
- Key Statistics on taxpayer base, revenue (law wise/state wise), GDP etc
- Major Challenges in the GST law, rules, procedures and IT system
- Governments approach and proactive measures for rate rationalisation, simplification etc
- Corporate experience and key topics of discussion in Board rooms
- Legislative Changes
- The Road ahead for GST in the next 1 year and beyond”