France at Bengal Global Business Summit
Mr Jean-Marc Fenet, Head of French Trade Commission and Mr Damien Syed, Consul General of France in Kolkata led French business delegation to Bengal Global Business Summit 2018.
Kolkata, 17 January 2018
"France is fully committed to strengthening its economic partnership with India and supporting the Indian government’s various initiatives, such as the Make in India programme, Smart Cities Mission, and Skill India scheme. The delegation of 12 prominent companies in Kolkata is a testimony of the increasing involvement of French companies in numerous sectors such as infrastructure, urban development, energy, IT, industry," said H.E Mr Alexandre Ziegler, Ambassador of France to India, ahead of the occasion.
Mr Jean-Marc Fenet, Minister Counsellor and Head of the Regional Economic Department (India and South Asia) of the Embassy of France in India, and Mr Damien Syed, Consul General of France in Kolkata, led a 20-member French business delegation to Kolkata on the occasion of the ‘Bengal Global Business Summit’, held on 16-17 January 2018.
The delegation, included 12 French companies from the urban development, water and waste management, IT, industry, energy, tourism, urban planning and infrastructure sectors, that showcased the French expertise in these fields.
- 1. Accor, who have built a chain of finest hotels across the world, and who is represented in Kolkata with the hotels Novotel and Swiss Hotel
- 2. Bureau Veritas, a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification;
- 3. Capgemini, one of the world’s largest IT consulting, outsourcing and professional services companies, that employs around 100 000 people in India, including 3000 in Kolkata
- 4. Dassault Systèmes, the 3D experience company, which provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations;
- 5. Fives Stein, which designs and supplies machines, process equipment and production lines for the world’s largest industrials;
- 6. JC Decaux, number one in the world for street furniture and leaders for billboard advertising as well as airport advertising;
- 7. Kerneos, an expert in calcium aluminate technology, the company offers high quality and innovative specialty products;
- 8. Matière, a leader in bridge construction, specializes in earth-moving, concrete structures and, most of all, metal structures, which has recently created a joint venture with the Titagarh group and which has a permanent French representative in Kolkata
- 9. Apurva India, a subsidiary of the French company Parex, world’s leading manufacturers of specialty chemicals for construction industry;
- 10. Schneider Electric, a name that is very familiar in India. The company is present in India since 1963 and provides cutting edge solutions for energy management and automation in more than 100 countries;
- 11. Suez, another recognized and established global leader, which provides solutions for water treatment and waste management.
- 12. Poma, infrastructure and transport, cable cars in mountains.