The Regional Economic Service of the Embassy of France in India forms part of the international network of the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Industry and comes under the Directorate General of the Treasury and Economic Policy. It is headed by an Economic and Financial Counsellor, who discharges the duties of counsellor of economic affairs to the Ambassador.
Its mandate consists of informing the State, government organisations and companies about international economic, commercial and financial matters concerning India. It also involves promoting the interests of France in India and contributing to the exercise of the missions of the Directorate General of the Treasury and Economic Policy.
The Economic Service is in charge of regional coordination that extends to entire South Asia. It can also be referred to by other French ministries and administrations dealing with economic and commercial matters, such as the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, that in charge of the Environment or the Office of the Minister of State for Transport.
The activities of the Economic Service:
• follow-up of the Indian position on work themes of multilateral organisations, such as the World Trade Organisation or bodies like the G20;
• macroeconomic and financial analysis, keeping track of sectoral changes of the Indian economy (energy, environment, agriculture, industry, etc.), follow-up of commerce and foreign direct investments, and France’s position in the Indian economy;
• follow-up of major public and private projects that interest, or are likely to interest, French companies for major contracts, and diplomatic support for these companies; this mission is particularly substantial in a country that could earmark 1000 billion USD to the modernisation and development of its infrastructure between 2012 and 2017, in liaison with the EU delegation; it also deals with the regulation aspect and standardisation of these in conformity with WTO norms and rules;
• preparation and arrangement of French official missions (government, parliament, higher echelons of the administration) on economic issues;
• actions and initiatives in India and France contributing to the strengthening of bilateral economic relations (round tables, seminars, bilateral working groups, etc.) and the visibility of the range of French commercial supply and French companies.
Regional Economic Service of New Delhi
|Address||French Embassy in India
2/50 E Shantipath
110 021 NEW DELHI
|Tel||(+91) (11) 43 19 63 00|
|Fax||(+91) (11) 43 19 63 09|
|Minister-Counsellor for Economic, Trade and Financial Affairs||Mr. Jean-Marc FENET|
Economic Service of Mumbai
|Address||Wockhardt Towers, East Wing,|
5th level, Bandra-Kurla Complex,
Bandra East - 400 051
|Tel||(+91) (22) 66 69 40 99|
|Fax||(+91) (22) 66 69 40 90|
|Economic Counsellor||Mr. Jean-Marc MIGNON|
Business France is a government agency supporting the international development of the French economy that was formed through the merger between Ubifrance and the Invest in France Agency on January 1, 2015.
It advances and promotes business throughout France, and by French companies abroad.
BUSINESS FRANCE web site : Click here
Set up in 1977, IFCCI is a not for profit bilateral business Chamber which fosters and promotes mutually beneficial relations between India and France through channels of trade and industry.
The Chamber has three offices in Mumbai, New Delhi and Chennai and over 470 members comprising leading French and Indian companies.
IFCCI’s endeavor is to provide a platform for facilitating business and networking opportunities between French and Indian companies, to promote our members’ interests to key decision makers and to help develop economic and commercial relations between France and India.
Since 1st January 2012, IFCCI merged with the Paris Chamber of Commerce & Industry and created a CCIP Indian Desk. A Reunion Island representation desk has also been set up in Chennai.
|Address||Indo-French Chamber Commerce & Industry (IFCCI)|
French Bank Building 4th Floor, 62 Homji Street
Fort - Mumbai 400 001
|Tel||(+91) (22) 6610 4755|
|Fax||(+91) (22) 6747 9760|