Choose France Tour 2020
A window to the world of education opportunities in France, B2C interactions with over 40 universities and research institutes. (6-7 November, 2020).
The educational, scientific and cultural service of the Embassy of France in India, Institut Français en Inde in collaboration with Campus France Paris, is organizing its first virtual Choose France Tour on 6th - 7th November, 2020.
The event will enable students and parents to directly interact with universities and institutions in France to explore study opportunities at the graduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels. Visitors can also meet alumni, learn about scholarships, participate in webinars as well as some fun activities.
Support services, such as avenues for learning the French language by courtesy of the Alliance Française network and IFI Jaipur, as well as travel and tourism information by courtesy of Atout France will also be available on the platform.
Five show floors will connect students and parents with universities and institutions from the domains of management and business, engineering, hospitality and art, FLE, as well as partner institutions and support services. Detailed information about the schools is available here: https://ifindia.in/choose-france-tour-institutions/#institutions
The platform features two E-auditoria for live events by institutions and alumni who will reply to all queries related to studies, scholarships and application processes.
To participate in the Choose France Tour registrations are invited at https://cft.ifindia.in/.
- 1. Live sessions with different schools every 30 minutes between 4.00 pm and 9.00 pm on both days
- 2. Quiz: Two quiz sessions on French Language and Culture
Prizes courtesy l’Opéra and Décathlon amongst others!
- 3. Webinars:
|6 NOV||17h00-17h45||Alumni Webinar||Dr. Susmita Mohanty - spaceship designer, serial space entrepreneur and a climate action advocate (Space Studies Graduate from International Space University, Strasbourg) |
Mr. Niven Venkitachalam - Packaging Optimization and Line Efficiency (POLE) Engineer (Engineering/Industrial Management Graduate from ICAM Paris-Senart)
Mr. Harsha Pallapotu - Future MIM 2020 Graduate at KEDGE
|6 NOV||18h00-18h45||Etudes en France procedure||Know more about using the tools offered by Campus France and catalogues available on its website|
|6 NOV||19h00-19h45||Management and BS programmes||Learn more about specialised management programmes and not just general management (MIM, MBA etc). Get information about programmes in Fashion & Luxury Management, MSc in Aerospace Management, Masters in Strategy and Operations, and more.|
|6 NOV||20h00- 20h45||Hospitality studies||An introduction on hospitality studies in France: tourism, culinary arts, hotel management, patisserie, wine management. Participating schools will speak about their courses, scholarships and internships options.|
|7 NOV||17h00-17h45||Finance and economics||Understand the role of finance in the governance of private institutions and the economy at large. Skill sets for students to work in a variety of roles (Corporate, Finance, Investment Banking, M&A, etc.)|
|7 NOV||18h00-18h45||Job and internship opportunities in France||Get information on internships (paid, unpaid, engineering, summer, fashion, etc.) and job opportunities available for Indian students in France.|
|7 NOV||19h00-19h45||Data sciences and AI||A focus on different institutes, their population (international students and professors, technicians, etc.) and the programmes offered on Data Analytics and AI, (objective, course structure and recruitment process)|
|7 NOV||20h00- 20h45||CV/SOP||Advice from Campus France managers for writing the perfect CV and SOP.|
|Programme may be subject to change. Reconfirmation recommended at https://ifindia.in/choose-france-tour-institutions/#programme|
Of the 2.5 million students who study in France’s higher education system, 12% are from abroad. French campuses have an international presence with students from all over the world. France ranks third globally in terms of foreign students. The QS World University Rankings feature 41 French universities. French schools stored the first five ranks of the Financial Times’ 2020 Masters in Finance ranking. France is now in third place worldwide in the Shanghai ranking 2020’s top 20 and the outstanding quality of its higher education and research has been fully recognised. 40 French schools have featured also in the new Times Higher Education rankings 2021.
There are more than 3,500 public and private institutes of higher education in France: 72 universities, 25 multi-institute campuses, 271 doctoral schools, 227 engineering colleges, 220 business and management schools, 45 post-secondary public schools of art, 22 schools of architecture and 3,000 private schools and institutes.
- France has always welcomed foreign students from all across the world. Since the birth of La Sorbonne, the first French University, more than 800 years ago, students from all across have come to France to fulfill their higher education aspirations.
- There is so much diversity in France. Knowing that no matter where one chooses to go in France and that one will be welcomed and feel right at home, is a big plus.
- Applying for a position at a higher education institution in France is easy, with foreign students allowed to apply to as many as 20 different universities with one single application on the web.
- A good number of scholarships available to Indian students make education in French more accessible. More information on scholarships: https://www.inde.campusfrance.org/scholarships-for-indian-students.
- Tuition costs in the France are far lower than in other countries because the French government invests significantly in higher education institutions, thus offsetting some of the costs borne by the students.
- Living costs in France for students are affordable be it housing, food or even entertainment.
- Enjoying an exceptional quality of life is an important reason to choose to study in France. Culture, art, museums, movies, exhibitions, music are easily accessible and subsidized for students. Women enjoy safe living and working conditions.
- France offers outstanding research and development opportunities. It is a great place for doctoral studies with excellent infrastructure.
- India and France share an agreement on Mutual Recognition of Academic Qualifications, the first such intergovernmental agreement that India has entered into.
- 1600 programmes are taught in English in French institutions.
- If one has a B2 level in French, then tuition fees at public institutions is waived. And French is the third most common business language.
- After completing your studies, you can apply for a temporary resident permit to extend your stay by a year to look for jobs in your field.
The European Higher Education Virtual Fair 2020 / 25-27 November 2020
European Higher Education Virtual Fair 2020 offers students in India a unique opportunity to interact directly with universities in Europe to learn about and explore opportunities for an excellent and affordable higher education.
The French Institute in India (Institut Français en Inde) is the educational, scientific and cultural Service of the Embassy of France in India. It facilitates academic and scientific exchange between higher institutes of learning and research, enables student mobility, promotes the French language as well as artistic and cultural dialogue. Cooperation between India and France takes place through a number of sectors: Arts & Culture, Books & Ideas, French Language & Education, Study in France programme, Academic Partnerships, Science & Technology, as well as Innovation and Multimedia.
Campus France, a part of the Embassy of France, is a government agency providing service to students who wish to pursue higher studies in France. It serves as an information resource for students in planning every stage of their stay in France: helping them define their study plans, choose and apply to programmes, and assist them in the visa process. Campus France has 12 offices across India: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bhopal, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
For more information, please visit: http://www.inde.campusfrance.org/en/