Call for applications - Press Officer - Protocol
Press Officer - Protocol
One-year renewable fixed-term contract to be filled as from 1 June 2019
Potential candidates are kindly requested to find below the job description.
Please send your applications (CV + cover letter) no later than 15 May 2019 only to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the authority of the Consul General of France in Pondicherry, in charge of relations with local authorities and the press.
Detail of main activities :
- In charge of relations with local authorities: procedures, interviews, accompanying delegations, writing letters and verbal notes, translating documents
- Creation and maintenance of a contact database; writing biographical notes, summary sheets, updating of organizational charts
- Press relations officer: writing a press review; organizing media meetings; writing press releases; translating articles.
- Binomial of the Communication Officer/Webmaster on social networks
- Close collaboration with the Public Relations Officer at the French Office in Chennai
- Processing of administrative and protocol formalities for public officials working for the Consulate General: renewal of MEA cards, customs clearance, etc.
- Advice and assistance to French residents in their relations with Indian administrations and authorities (in particular, security, spoliation, visas, residence permits, OIC); collection and updating of information relating to these situations.
Training and/or experience
Higher education degree (preferably in the fields of law, public administration, international relations).
Professional experience would be welcome, in particular in Indian public services, or in foreign representations in India.
Mastery of protocol uses would be a plus
English: read, written, spoken
Tamil: read, written, spoken
French: read, written, spoken (would be a plus)
Mastery of office automation tools and social networks (competence in new technologies).
- good interpersonal and public relations skills
- courtesy and self-control
- reactivity and respect of deadlines
- obligation of reserve and extreme discretion required
- organizational skills and attention to detail
- collaborative spirit
Working conditions: high availability required
Place of work: Consulate General of France in Pondicherry - Duration: Monday to Friday (37h/week)
Gross salary/month: 69171 ₹ + housing allowance (7000 ₹) + transport allowance (1500 ₹)